I got nominated for two awards recently, one by my best friend and another by a creative blogger I got acquainted with recently. So I decided to make it into a single post here.
The first one was the Blogaholic Award, presented by Aditi Singh of DIY Empress. Her blog is filled with colourful and handy ways to make your own accessories and they’re a real joy to see. I’m still yet to try out some of her clever ideas.
The Blogaholic Award is an award for bloggers addicted to blogging with creative, ingenious and inspiring posts. They mesmerise their followers with their posts, keep them captivated and riveted to their blog.
- Put the above award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog (it can be to the post in which they nominated you or any other post or you can even link to their “About” page)
- Mention the creator of the award and please provide a link to The Recipe Hunter (Cook & Enjoy) as I would love to meet you! Follow this link to Esmé’s blog, she’s the creator of this amazing award!
- Write a post to show your award
- Share a link to your best post(s)
- Share 3 interesting and different facts about yourself
- Nominate 5-10 fellow bloggers, or more if you wish
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
Three Fun Facts:
I’ve already listed some fun facts on my About page but no harm in listing three more, I guess 😀
- I check if a door is locked about five times at least even after I know I was the one who locked it. The same happens with checking if I have noted down or saved a phone number correctly.
- There are no extra apps or any social media apps on my phone. Anyone who pokes through it stare at me and go, ‘Why do you even own this device again?’
- I really hate travelling. Trains and flights are okay but take me on a long distance car or bus journey and I can turn very cranky.
My Best Posts:
- The Mary Sue Disease
- Finding Dory: Movie Review
- Fit, Not Lean
- A Love Story: Arjuna and Subhadra (This one surprisingly generated a lot of views 😀 )
BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD:
The Blogger Recognition Award was presented to me by one of my very best friends – Priya Darshni of Life. Dreams. Hopes and Happiness. She begun her journey on WordPress a few months ago and has been beautifying the page more and more with her addictive pen. I read whatever Priya writes and then yearn for more. Because she’s that awesome a writer and I can’t wait for her debut novel to hit the book shelves and then fly off them in demand.
Thank you so much for nominating me for this award, babe ❤
Thank the person who nominated you by linking to their blog:
I don’t even need this rule to be reminded to gush about my best friend and her talent 😉
Write a post to show your award:
Tell how you started blogging:
My blogging journey has gone through some twists and turns. First, I had no interest to own a personal site and post my thoughts, since I wan’t looking forward to pay attention to a blog when I was so into writing my books. But then at the insistence of a friend, I opened one in Blogger and posted a handful of posts, all copied from word documents I’d written on and saved during my college days. Then another bestie urged me to haul myself to WordPress and then I came here on March 2015, opened up a site named Deepika Kumaaraguru. But I deleted it by September 2015 since it distracted me from my books, and then after a span of three months, in January 2016, Discover Deepika was born and I love this blog as much as I love my books.
Advice to new bloggers:
You have opened up your site and you have posted that ‘Hello, World’ post or you’ve already posted a few more. And you’re wondering why the likes and follows haven’t been pouring in yet.
If that happens so soon, trust me, you’ll lose the real love you have for your blog. And that’s not what you’re here for, to calculate how many people have liked or reblogged or have followed you. Yes, it’s something to make you smile, but only for that moment. The permanent smile is based on how you enjoy posting whatever you write and doing whatever you can to make your site look attractive, so that when you’re blue, you can lighten up again by directing yourself to your page and seeing how beautifully you have presented yourself on a place the world has reserved for you.
Engage in reading other people’s blogs, commenting on them and increasing your interactions. Not only will you make new friends and have another reason to enjoy blogging but you’ll also be inspired to write more.
Nominate 15 bloggers:
This is very tricky. If I nominate, I’ll have to nominate all 90 (as of now) of the fantastic sites I’m following. So I’m going to save myself this dilemma and happily ask you to nominate yourselves for both awards.
Thanks so much for reading!
Jai Shree Krishna.